Down Payment Assistance Programs are loan programs designed to assist first-time home buyers with the required down payment and closing costs required by the FHA loan program.
These types of down payment assistance programs are typically broken into two types of loan programs. These are offered by Non-Profit organizations or county, city, and state backed down payment assistance programs.
- Non-profit down payment assistance programs will typically require the assistance of the home seller in order for the buyer to take advantage of the program. Following is a list of just some of the available down payment assistance programs offered by non-profit organizations.
- Grants up to 3% towards down payment.
- Grants up to $15,000 towards down payment and closing costs.
- Grants up to 20%, includes Mortgage Payment Protection
The above programs typically do not have a repayment schedule nor is there a second mortgage required. If you would like to learn more about the above type of programs, please click here.
The State, County, and City backed Down Payment Assistance programs are typically secured by a second mortgage. Some of these second mortgages may be "silent" meaning there is no payments required initially and some of the programs forgive the loan after 10-20 years of living in the home. Following is a list of some of these programs available:
- 3% second mortgage for your down payment.
- California backed program allowing buyers 100% financing.
- No money down program for California.
All of these types of down payment assistance programs use an FHA loan. Since you must be able to obtain FHA financing in order to use any of these programs. Please contact FHALoanCorp to findout more about these down payment assistance programs. Contact us now at 888.447.7314